elementary for everybody
Yoga Foster fosters yoga and mindfulness through a practice of diversity and inclusivity – for all bodies and all beliefs. Below are our principles for building a practice for all.
Yoga Foster’s work is designed to make wellness elementary for all people. We do not discriminate against basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our work, from the extension of our practice to others, the stories we share, the communities we serve, or the partnerships we build. In addition, we will not condone discriminatory actions performed by our educators, donors or partners.
Yoga Foster strives to make our work accessible by providing secular, non-denominational tools for practice that do not conflict with any spiritual or religious backgrounds. We keep our practice and philosophy non-partisan, and use our voice only to advocate for the health and wellness of the diverse communities we serve.
In addition, Yoga Foster is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Yoga Foster aims to uphold these inclusivity principles by:
- Ensuring our curriculum is designed and reviewed by a diverse range of thought leaders in the yoga, mindfulness, wellness and education space
- Providing low-cost and free resources to make wellness elementary for students of all bodies and beliefs
- Hosting an annual meeting on diversity and inclusion with advisors, board members, staff and partners
- Investing in diverse representation of our community in all storytelling
- Partnering with diverse talent sourcing and board sourcing agencies to maximize representation in our workforce
- Making our programs financially, technically and intellectually accessible to educators of all abilities and capabilities through grants and scholarships
- Sharing our data with other organizations for transparency and collective growth
- Asking our funders and sponsors to adopt their own path to inclusivity as part of our mutual work
- Holding space for our community in accessible buildings and public spaces
We are inspired to keep these principles in constant development as we bring new, diverse people into our community. If you’d like to discuss our principles further, or have any ideas on improving them, kindly contact us.